An online mortgage pre-approval is a process that allows you to determine how much you can borrow for a mortgage. If you are looking to buy a home, this tool can help you figure out what your monthly payments will be. To begin, you must provide some basic information about your income, debts, and assets. After you submit this information, the lender will send you a pre-approval letter stating the maximum amount you are eligible to borrow.
How Online Mortgage Pre-Approval Functions
To get started with your online mortgage pre-approval, you’ll need a few things. Here’s a quick list of what you’ll need and what to expect:
- You’ll need to give some personal information, like your social security number, your income, and where you’ve worked in the past.
- You’ll also need to give some information about your finances, such as your assets and debts.
- Once you’ve given the lender all the information they need, they’ll send you a pre-approval letter that spells out the terms of the loan they’re willing to give you.
- From there, you can start looking for a home that fits your budget, and when you find the right one, you can apply for a mortgage. What is the price?
- A free service that many lenders offer is pre-approval for a mortgage that can be done online. Getting pre-approved for a mortgage doesn’t cost anything, but you’ll have to pay for the costs of the loan itself, like appraisal fees, origination fees, and closing costs.
How a Mortgage is Applied For, Approved, and Closed On
The mortgage approval process can be scary, especially if you don’t know what to expect at each step. We’re here to help you through the whole process, from the beginning to the end.
The first step in getting a mortgage is to fill out an application for a loan. This can be done in person, over the phone, or online. After you send in your application, a loan officer will look it over to see if you meet the requirements for pre-approval.
If you do meet the requirements for pre-approval, the next step is to send in proof. This could be anything from pay stubs, tax returns, bank statements, and more. Once your paperwork has been looked over and approved, you can move on to the next step, which is shopping for a home.
Once you’ve found the right house, you can start the approval process. Your loan officer will help you get all of the paperwork you need, such as a purchase agreement and an appraisal report. Once everything has been turned in, your loan will be approved, and you’ll be ready to close on your new home!
When Should a Borrower Consider Getting Loan Pre-Approval?
A lot of people don’t think about getting pre-approved until they find a house they want to make an offer on. But this is the wrong way to do things. Borrowers should get pre-approved for a loan as soon as they consider buying a home. This way, you’ll know how much you can spend and you won’t waste time looking at homes that are outside of your budget.
If you are looking for more information on online mortgage pre-approved loans, contact Heritage Financial CU today!